Understand Roadside Assistance Cover In Car InsurancePosted on: July 21, 2020, by : Rakesh Sashmal
Car insurance add-ons are additional covers meant to offer you enhanced coverage against the loss and damage sustained by your car due to an accident, fire, theft, or any other mishap. To avail this extra coverage, you are required to pay for a little more premium. The add-on benefits can be utilised only with standalone own-damage or comprehensive policies.
The different add-ons have different significance. Some of the add-ons help you in terms of money after the accident or any mishap, while some come up with the aid in the form of a service such as Roadside Assistance add-on. With this add-on cover you can gain emergency support right at the spot.
What is Roadside Assistance Add-on Cover?
The road is full of uncertainties. After facing an unfortunate event, an aid seems like a boon when you are feeling stranded and helpless in the middle of the road. Therefore, roadside assistance is a cover designed to arrange and provide a helping hand directly at the place the car has broken down, met with an accident or collapsed due to any other mishap. This emergency assistance brings immediate relief for the owner of the car.
What Is Covered Under the Roadside Assistance Cover?
If you hold the road assistance cover and get into any trouble anywhere with your car, you can ask for assistance by reporting the incident to your insurer through a phone call or a message.
Here are the following situations where roadside assistance add-on in car insurance helps you:
1. Emergency towing assistance – In case of an accident, the insurer will arrange assistance to tow your car to the nearby garage.
2. Mechanical breakdown – If your car breaks down on the road or at home, the insurer will send a mechanic at the site to help you with a jump-start, mechanical or electrical repair and so on.
3. Flat tyre service -The insurer will arrange a technician to reach the spot and change the punctured tyre.
4. Fuel delivery – If your car runs out of fuel anywhere, with this add-on you will be provided with up to 5 litres of fuel at your spot.
5. Spare key service – If accidentally you leave your keys inside the car and lock yourself out of your car or have lost your car key, with this cover you can get your spare key delivered at the spot. This service is offered under this add-on cover only by a few insurers. Other insurance providers offer this service under a separate add-on called Key Replacement Cover.
7. Alternate vehicle – If your car couldn’t get a repair in a short time, the insurer will get you a cab or taxi to one destination only.
8. Accommodation – If your car repair looks to take too much time, the insurer will arrange accommodation for you in a nearby hotel. However, its charges will have to be paid by you only.